Much Considered

Monday, November 29, 2004

Having Survived Thanksgiving...

What I want to write about most today is how incredible it is that I am just 1596 words away from completely my NaNoWriMo novel. I can't believe I'm going to do it! I have today and tomorrow to finish it, and barring some tragedy, I can't imagine a scenario where I don't make it.

There was a time--say, Thursday last week--when those last 6000 words seemed insurmountable. I was running out of plot. I faced the terrifying proposition of needing to spend 4000 words talking about the wedding that was supposed to be a two-page denouement.

But, I sent my main character on a wild last-minute flight through familiar territory (to her, but not the reader) and the happy-ever-after chapter will be a much more reasonable 1600 words. (That's right, that means that all I have left is the final chapter! Woo hoo!)

For all the writing I've done, this is the third time I've attempted a work of this length, and it will be (barring any disasters) the first time I've completed one. That is pretty damn exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home