Much Considered

Saturday, December 04, 2004

So Much Time, So Little Time

It's been quite a treat to have evenings stretch before me without the obligation to spend 2-3 hours writing. So, one might ask, what have I been doing with the resulting free time? I could be working on one of my endless craft projects or catching up on my scrapbooking. I could be reading something worthwhile, or cleaning house. I could be planning for Christmas. But what am I doing instead?

Playing Baldur's Gate II.

In other news, my very first tutoring student is mine no longer. For the last four weeks or so, I've been meeting with a lovely sophomore girl who was struggling with geometry. We've been meeting twice a week to go over her homework and tests, and do the endless variety of new problems that I make up for her to practise.

But, this week, her mom told me that she had gotten into some special math program on the weekends, 4+ hours of math, and that they felt that continuing with me would be overkill.

I'm very sorry not to be seeing her anymore. I have really been enjoying writing up problems and refreshin my knowledge of geometry (which was one of my favorite math classes ever). But, it's times like this that I am so, so glad I signed up to tutor through a company (Club Z) so that I don't have to deal with the billing, etc. I can just leave happily, without a bad taste in anyone's mouth. D. (who is my contact at Club Z) says this happens, and he already has a couple of prospects for me. It's been really fun teaching again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home