Much Considered

Monday, December 13, 2004

Ultrasound Musings

My big "Level II" ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday (15th). The closer I get, the more worked up I get -- I'm really excited to get a little sneak preview, and (barring any sudden unexpected modesty) find out whether Baby #3 will be Miss Baby or Mr. Baby for the next few months while Dave and I haggle over names.

Then I got to thinking.... how many medical tests does a person actually look forward to? Because an ultrasound done by a doctor at a specific number of weeks gesgation is not for fun (or not just for fun) -- it's a medical test to check for major deformities. Gee, that sure took the wind out of my sails.

I've had two relatively easy pregnancies resulting in two healthy boys. Sometimes I feel like I'm really pushing my luck here -- and then again, I know that everything will likely be ok. It's hard to know whether to be optimistically blind to the possibility of things-going-wrong, or pessimistically ignore the vast odds in favor of everything be just peachy.

Of course, it could be TWINS. (There, now I've said it, and now it can't actually happen.)


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home